HomeSOCIAL STUDIESStudy Guide – Unity in Cultural Diversity | Ways of promoting Unity in Cultural Diversity in our Community Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Social Studies
August 21, 2021
Study Guide – Unity in Cultural Diversity | Ways of promoting Unity in Cultural Diversity in our Community Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Social Studies
PRIMARY 4 – 6
1. Unity in Cultural Diversity
2. Ways of promoting Unity in Cultural Diversity in our Community
3. Processes of Changing Culture and Differences
4. Self Evaluation
MEANING OF CULTURE
Culture is a complete way of life of a group of people living in a community.
MEANING OF DIVERSITY
Diversity means individuals or groups differences.
MEANING CULTURAL DIVERSITY
Cultural Diversity means a range of different people (Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo) in different societies (in different part of Nigeria) with different origins, religions and traditions all living and interacting together.
MEANING OF UNITY
Unity means to oneness. That’s, living together in one accord.
UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY
Unity in Cultural Diversity refers to oneness in spite of differences.
WAYS OF PROMOTING UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY IN OUR COMMUNITY
1. Making friends with mates who are not from our ethnic group.
2. Eating foods from other people’s culture.
3. Wearing dresses from other cultures.
4. Learning to speak languages of other ethnic groups been truthful in you interaction with people, etc.
5. Respect for other people’s culture.
Culture is the way of life of a group of people. These cultures are vary from one community to another.
A good culture is bad culture to another community.
To united cultural diversity, there is need for change. Changes are not automatic but process.
These take education through enlightenment, discussion to convince one another and dialogue to agree on issues.
PROCESSES OF CHANGING CULTURE AND DIFFERENCES/HOW CULTURES CAN BE CHANGED?
Enlightening people in school, at home by telling tales by moonlight, workshops, seminars, training, etc.
This is when people come together to sincerely speak their mind on the need to change a particular culture.
This is coming together of people to agree on a certain issues.
Ask pupils to:
1. Explain the following:
2. Explain unity in Cultural Diversity.
3. List 3 ways by which Unity in Cultural diversity can be promoted in their community. 2 marks each.
4. State the 3 way to effects changes in cultures and traditions.
5. Make a list of 7 Nigerian languages and underline their own language.
Eko Quizzes consists of questions carefully designed to help parents assess your student's comprehension of the information presented in the class on the topics covered in the National Curriculum and State Scheme of Work.