MEANING (TYPES) OF POLLUTION
Pollution is the presence in or introduction into the environment of a something which has harmful or poisonous effects.
Pollution can occur naturally, for example through volcanic eruptions, or as the result of human activities, such as the spilling of oil or disposal of household and industrial waste.
MEANING OF POLLUTION
Pollution is anything that makes our water, land, air and environment dirty and unsafe to use.
For example, a heap of rubbish is a type of pollution. A dead animal lying on the road causes pollution.
This leads to the contamination of the air, water, or soil.
These harmful substances introduced into the environment are called pollutants.
TYPES OF POLLUTION
The types of pollution we have are
1. Land pollution
2. Water water pollution
3. Air pollution
3. Noise pollution
MEANING OF WATER POLLUTION
Water pollution is anything that makes our water dirty and unsafe for drinking and general uses.
Polluted water is unsafe for humans, animals and plants.
HUMAN ACTIVITIES THAT POLLUTED THE WATER
Pollution can happen through human activities like –
1. dumping human waste in the water.
2. leaving dead farm animals near water.
3. washing clothes with detergent or soap in a river or stream.
4. emptying industrial waste into the rivers/streams, etc.
5. erosion carries harmful substances like pesticides and fertilizer into rivers/streams.
EFFECTS OF WATER POLLUTION
Polluted water carried deadly bacteria, such as those responsible for,
PREVENTION OF WATER POLLUTION
1. Avoid dumping human waste in the water.
2. Bury or burn dead farm animals immediately.
3. Don’t wash clothes with detergent or soap in a river or stream.
4. Farm chemicals like Fertilizer, insecticide and pesticides should be apply correctly.
5. Industrial should dispose their waste properly.
6. Household waste should be dispose properly.
MEANING OF AIR POLLUTION
Air pollution is the release of gases, dust, smoke, or odor into the air which make it unclean and difficult for breathing.
Polluted air is also unsafe for humans, plants and animals.
HUMAN ACTIVITIES THAT POLLUTED THE AIR POLLUTION/CAUSES OF AIR POLLUTION
Air pollution can happen through human activities like –
2. raising dust
3. smoke from engines
5. odor from the human body or dead animals or rotten food.
EFFECTS OF AIR POLLUTION
Polluted air carried deadly substance, such as those responsible for,
3. heart disease
4. lung cancer
5. brain damage, etc.
PREVENTION OF AIR POLLUTION
1. Using public transports
2. Turn off the lights when not in use
3. Avoid bush burning
4. Don’t smoke in public air
5. Stay away for smokers
7. Using nose cover or face cover
8. Service your engine regularly
8. Make use of good engine oil
MEANING OF POLLUTION
Land pollution is the release unwanted stuff, waste materials and harmful substances on the land.
Polluted land is unsafe for human, plants and animals.
HUMAN ACTIVITIES CAUSED BY LAND POLLUTION/CAUSES OF LAND POLLUTION
Land pollution can happen through human activities like –
1. Dumping of refuse
3. Bush burning
4. Soil erosion
5. Agricultural activities
6. Mining activities
7. Overcrowded landfills
8. Construction activities
9. Human sewage
EFFECTS OF LAND POLLUTION
1. Loss of top most soil
2. Soil pollution
3. Water and air pollution
4. Climactic change
5. Effect on human health
6. Increased risk of wildfires
7. Cause Air pollution
8. Distraction for Tourist
PREVENTION OF LAND POLLUTION
The ways of preventing land pollution include –
1. Raising awareness
2. Reduce, Recycle and Reuse
5. Proper waste disposal
6. Law and order
MEANING OF NOISE POLLUTION
Noise pollution means an unwanted and undesirable sound that leads to physical and mental problems.
Noise pollution is dependent on the loudness and frequency of the sound.
HUMAN ACTIVITIES THAT CAUSES NOISE POLLUTION
1. Nature – Thunderstorms, lightning, earthquakes, landslides, sounds produced by animals, and rainfall. This is not caused by human activities.
2. Human activities
3. Public address systems
5. Emergency services/government sirens
6. Poor Urban Planning
7. Social Events
8. Political campaigns
9. Construction activities
10. Industrial activities
11. Religious activities
EFFECTS OF NOISE POLLUTION
1. Constant headache
3. High stress levels
4. High blood pressure
5. Hearing loss
PREVENTION OF NOISE POLLUTION
1. Aware of the kind of noise that is harmful to oneself.
2. The use of sound proof.
3. Learn to meditate
4. Banned on public address systems.